「タバコ」Are Japanese cigarettes cheap?

 Hi! How are you guys

In today's article, I will write about "cigarettes in Japan".

Smoking cessation is recommended worldwide, but the same is true in Japan. I'm a smoker, but my shoulders are already narrow ......

How about everyone? to smoke? Do you smoke? I wrote this in July 2021, but by the time everyone is reading this article, the rules and prices may have changed again.

Smokers should do some research before coming to Japan to get the latest information!


Japan Tobacco Price

There are many types of cigarettes sold in Japan, so I will omit the price of each, but about 20 cigarettes are sold for ¥ 450- ¥ 600. Heat-not-burn tobacco is about the same price.

Is it about $ 4 to $ 6 when converted to dollars?

I think it's a lot cheaper than in other countries.

She used to meet a woman who traveled from Australia.

She was a smoker and was surprised to hear the price when talking about cigarettes.


Australian      "It's okay for tobacco to be cheap in Japan!"

I:                  "Is it cheap? Is it more expensive than when I was a kid?"

Australian      "Is this price expensive? In Australia, a box costs 3000 yen?"

I,                   "Isn't it a lie ......?"

Australian       "That's true. If you tell a friend that you're going on a trip to Japan, you'll be asked to buy a cigarette as a souvenir."


Even with this, the price has increased by about ¥ 150 in 10 years ......


Places where you can smoke in Japan

The number of places where you can smoke is decreasing in Japan.

Of course not on the street. In 2020, even a tavern became useless.

In some areas, smoking on the street may result in fines. Of course, littering is also subject to fines. Cigarettes are the most common cause of fires in Japan, so smoking is often prohibited indoors in rented houses such as apartments. Perhaps because of that, I often smoke outside the balcony or apartment, and my neighbors warn me of the smell and smoke, and I often get into trouble.

People who don't like Japanese cigarettes really hate it.

I've been struck by smoking at a smoking shop ......


Where you can smoke now

・ Smoking room in the facility

・ Smoking area outside the facility (often an ashtray is placed)

・ Eating and drinking establishments with a small area (may be non-smoking)

・ Ashtray at the entrance of the convenience store (when using the convenience store)

・ Designated smoking areas in tourist areas

・ PA / SA smoking area on the highway


etc


Basically, you cannot smoke at hotels and restaurants. Basic smoking is not allowed in movie theaters, stadiums, leisure facilities, etc.

In most cases, an ashtray is installed in the smoking room or outside the facility. However, please note that some facilities do not have smoking rooms or ashtrays.

You cannot smoke on buses, trains or taxis. Many rental cars cannot smoke.

Especially in the case of a rental car, if you smoke, a cleaning fee will be added, so you should really stop smoking. The price is quite high.

If you come to Japan, be sure to smoke at the designated place. For myself and for everyone.

Continued.

「タバコ」Price increase for Japanese tobacco!

https://japanesedoodleblog.blogspot.com/2021/09/price-increase-for-japanese-tobacco.html

This article ends here. How was everyone?

It's best not to smoke. I also regret having learned the cigarette.

I hope my blog is useful.

Please leave a comment or question.

I'm not good at English, but I'll do my best to reply.

If you find this article interesting, please share it on Twitter with people all over the world!

see you next time!


You can download my photos for free.

Here is the URL.

Photo AC 稲荷丸

https://www.photo-ac.com/profile/24226947


Click here for other articles.

Blog top ⇒https://japanesedoodleblog.blogspot.com/


Comments

  1. Thank you very much. I am very happy to comment.
    We will continue to update information about Japan, so please look forward to it.
    If you have any questions or concerns, please comment again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment