「マナー」What do Japanese people hate?

hello. everyone.

I'm Inarimaru, the owner of this blog.

This time, I would like to write about "manners" in Japan.

If you do these things in Japan, you may get the impression that you are uneducated or that people around you don't care. Of course, not all Japanese people necessarily care. However, I think you should be careful when you come to Japan.




1. Speak & sing with food in your mouth.

In Japan, many people dislike talking with food in their mouths. I don't want the food in my mouth flying to the table, and I think it's rude to show the food in my mouth to the other person. For the same reason, "singing while eating" is also not very popular.



2. Point finger at person.

Is it normal for you to point with your index finger? In Japan, this behavior is also not liked very much. This is because in this case, the "person who pointed the finger" is automatically associated with the position above, and the "person pointed at" is automatically associated with the position below. In other words, "I look down on the person who pointed that finger."

In the modern age of 2022, there are more and more people who don't really care about it, but there are still many people who feel uncomfortable, so please be careful.



3. Make noise on the train.

As I mentioned in a previous article, in Japan people don't think loudly on the train or on the phone. The train is a public space, and it is a space shared by everyone, so it is good manners not to disturb other companies. In other countries, people would think, "That sounds fun!" when they see people playing musical instruments or dancing on trains on YouTube, but that's difficult in Japan. I think I will move to another car when the dance starts in the car on it. lol



4.Didn't come on time as promised.

In Japan, being late is one of the reasons why people hate being late. Basically, many people act to arrive 5 to 10 minutes before the scheduled time. A lot of people worry about it, especially at work. If you are not at work or at meeting time, you may get angry like a raging fire.

I will tell you one story that happened because I was late.

It doesn't snow much where I live, but it snowed a lot in the winter at that time. I left home earlier than usual because I was driving to work, but the roads were snowy and icy, and there was a traffic jam instead of being able to speed. By the time I got to work, I was 30 minutes overtime. Then my boss scolded me like this.

"Why are you late? You should have known from yesterday that it was snowing! You should have known that there would be a traffic jam! Calculate backwards and leave the house! That's not a reason for being late. That's right!"

I got angry as soon as I went to work. Well, I felt bad, or rather, I thought, "This is unreasonable."



5.Throw garbage on the road.

I don't like people who throw or leave garbage on the street. I don't like people like that either. When I see a lot of garbage left unattended in Japan, I feel that the people in this area have a low morale. Even among Japanese people, people who do such things are disliked. You can take your trash home with you, and most convenience stores have trash cans. Please do not litter when you visit Japan.



That's all for this article.

There are still many things that Japanese people don't like, but I'll end with these five this time.

If the response from reading this article is good, I will write it again as Vol.2.

See you then.


You can download my photos for free.

Here is the URL.

Photo AC 稲荷丸

https://www.photo-ac.com/profile/24226947


Click here for other articles.

Blog top ⇒https://japanesedoodleblog.blogspot.com/


Comments